108 Leonard Street
New York City, NY
500,000 SF | Landmark Residences | Public-Private Partnership with the NYCEDC
In 2013, The Peebles Corporation acquired the single largest building ever sold by the City of New York, a late 19th-century Tribeca landmark. This Renaissance-Revival palace in Lower Manhattan was completed in 1898, and included a thirteen-story addition by the legendary architectural firm of McKim, Mead & White, whose designs for the first Madison Square Garden and Pennsylvania Station set the esthetic standard in turn-of-the-century New York. In 1987, the exterior and much of the interior spaces at 108 Leonard Street were designated as New York City landmarks. Redevelopment plans for this 500,000 square foot Tribeca landmark call for luxury residences, state of the art amenities, community space, and a parking facility.