Recognized as one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the nation, R. Donahue Peebles is Founder, Chairman and CEO of The Peebles Corporation, one of the country’s few national privately held real estate investment and development companies with a multi-billion dollar portfolio of projects in New York, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Boston, Miami and Miami Beach.
In addition to his role as CEO of The Peebles Corporation, Mr. Peebles is a top-selling author (The Peebles Principles and The Peebles Path to Real Estate Wealth), a regular guest on CNN, CNBC and FOX, and a highly sought-after speaker who has addressed educational, business and professional audiences across the United States.
Mr. Peebles is an avid supporter of mentoring to expose youth to the value of entrepreneurship, as well as an active political supporter and fundraiser for local, state and federal campaigns of both major parties. He is currently the Chairman of the Board of the Congressional Black Caucus, serves on the Board of Directors of YMCA of Greater New York, Miami-Dade County Mayor Gimenez’s Business Roundtable, is a two-time former member of President Barack Obama’s National Finance Committee, and is former Chairman of the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Don Peebles “YOU'RE LIKE THE DEAL WHISPERER" -- Harris Faulkner, Fox News, to Don Peebles
R. Donahue Peebles has been acknowledged for his entrepreneurial leadership, community service efforts, and development abilities. Select awards and honors include:
- “Developer of the Year” at the Women Builders Council 11th Annual Champion Awards
- National Executive Service Corps Award for “Outstanding Service to the Non-Profit Community”
- “Entrepreneur of the Year” at the Best of Black Business Awards
- “Entrepreneur of the Year” from South Florida Business Journal
- “Entrepreneur of the Year” Miami Dade Chamber of Commerce
- Honored by Miami-Dade Career Specialist Association for Dedication to Career Enhancement
- Named among 40 “Business Titans who shaped our World” by Black Enterprise
- Reginald F. Lewis Award for Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneur of the Year presented by Rev. Jesse Jackson at the 11th annual Wall Street Project Economic Summit
- Inducted into the Martin Luther King International Board of Renaissance Leaders Hall of Fame at Morehouse College
- Honorary doctorate degree from Johnson and Wales University
- Honorary doctorate degree from Sojourner-Douglass College